
This one was taken in September--my kids with my mom and dad.
I will just say it...unfortunately, the test results show that my mom now has tumors in her brain. I can't remember if I have told about her history, but she first had breast cancer in 1990, pretty aggressive. But after completing treatment, she was perfectly healthy! She had 11 years with no signs of cancer. In 2001, she found out that she had metastatic breast cancer in her liver. She survived MANY treatments and even had a kidney removed at one point (not cancer) and she had many months, even years where she felt great and for awhile the doctors saw no cancer in her liver at all. So for over 8 years she has beaten it back and even when she didn't feel great, never let cancer stop her from living. On October 4 of this year she walked 10 miles in a breast cancer walk! All that to say, I am very sad about this news but if anyone defies statistics, it is my mom. I am posting more details on her Caring Bridge page, which is the best place to check for updates. Thanks for praying.
...in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
From Romans 8:



3 comments:
Oh Katy. I will definitely pray for your mom and your family. Cancer really sucks. I hate that I haven't been able to be with my mom while she has been undergoing chemo and now radiation. God has truly allowed your mom to defy the odds, I will pray that He helps her to continue this fight. Let me know if you need anything.
Katy,
Thanks for sharing with all of us. I have been in touch with your dad and he's given permission for me to make a surprise visit to see your mom! She is loved by so many and I, too, pray that her internal fight continue and that God will continue to use her through this! She is simply amazing!
Stacie Chisolm Cook
Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about the tumors in your mom's brain. It sounds like she has been fighting so hard--ever since 1990--wow.
My prayers are with her and all of you.
Post a Comment