
My mom went to be with the Lord at 3:30 this morning. I am very sad and I know I will be even sadder in the days, weeks, months and years to come, but I am also relieved that she has left her exhausted body and that I will see her again one day.
Jake made my mom this sign when she came home from the hospital for a few days last week and it means even more now. She is finally home.
From my dad:
Page's memorial service will be at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 25, at Dunwoody United Methodist Church, 1548 Mt. Vernon Rd., Dunwoody, GA 30338. A reception will follow in the Fellowship Hall.
In lieu of flowers, you can make a donation to Friends of Refugees, Attn: Page Walden Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 548, Clarkston, GA 30021, OR to any charity of your choice.
.........
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:3-9



10 comments:
Katy,
I am SO sorry! I cried for you this morning when I read the CaringBridge post. I can't imagine how difficult this will be for you and your family. I know that it gives you comfort that your mom is in Heaven, but it still sucks for us here on earth...we miss them!! I will pray that God gives you and your family peace and healing. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.
Darcy
Dearest Katy and Mark and family, our hearts deeply grieve with you during this awful time of loss. You're mom sounded like an amazing woman! We are just so, so sorry for your loss and will be lifting you up in prayer. We hope to also be of help in any way. Love, Jeanne, Chuck and kids
Hugs Katy. You guys are in my prayers and I'll put your family on our church prayer chain. Your mom sounds like she was such a blessing. Let us know if we can do anything for you during this difficult time.
Katy, my heart is broken and I cannot even imagine your pain. Please know, that a part of your mother shows through you. You seem to be a lot like her and I can't think of a better compliment. Many prayers and I'll see you Wednesday,
Stacie
Dear Friend - so sad for you. Your faith is loud and evident. Your mother was an incredible mom, wife, and Mimi!! What a parade they had this morning on the streets paved with gold! I love you - Amy
Oh, Katy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. What comfort it is to know that, like you said, she is truly home.
Praying for you,
Abbie
So sorry to hear about your mom. Praying for peace for your and your family.
Dear Katy,
I am so sorry about your mom... What a blessing to know that you will see her again someday, but how your heart must grieve the wait...
Praying for you and your family.
Hugs,
Sharla
Katy -- what a wonderful testimony. I'm so glad she was able to see her newest granddaughter. Praying for your peace... Lucy
Katy, please know there are so many people praying for you and your family during this difficult time. What a joy to know your mom is with the Lord, but I know you guys are hurting - prayinig for peace and strength for you guys.
Deb
Post a Comment