Just a quick update--I went to see my mom yesterday at their house and today Mark and I took all the kids. She is pretty much sleeping all the time. Today she opened her eyes a bit and did recognize me, but the rest of the time we were trying to get her to talk to the kids she was not even really focusing her eyes when she would open them. I am glad the kids got to see her. I do think she can hear us because every now and then we get an appropriate nod or hand squeeze and she told her friend "bye" and said "hi Katy". Today her friend asked if she wanted to listen to Bruce Springsteen and she got a BIG hand squeeze so that was put on pretty loud for her!
Hope was so amazing. I was kind of worried since we still can't talk much about abstact stuff and I didn't know if she would understand. She was the least afraid and the most interested in my mom. She gave her a kiss (so did Lilla) and brought her a special toy and left it on her bed. At one point me, dad, Mark and all the kids were standing around Mom's bed talking and Hope said "Pray Mimi?" and did her praying hands. We asked if she wanted to pray for Mimi and she said yes. So I said okay, good idea. She got a little shy and hid behind me but she prayed in her special way "God, thank you Mimi, Mimi feel better, granddaddy, daddy, mommy, Jake, Landon, Lilla, Hope SongYi Amen." It was so sweet and special and brought tears to our eyes.
Please continue to pray for wisdom regarding my mom's care and her comfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
sweet katy,
praying for you and your family. have been following your mom's caring bridge site. i can't even imagine all of the emotions you are dealing with right now. but I want to encourage you and let you know that your mom is so proud of you and thankful for the incredible care she is receiving. she trust all of the decisions you are making on her behalf as she prepares for total healing and peace and meeting her Heavenly Father. You are a great daughter and I just wanted to make sure you knew that today. Praying in Birmingham.
Praying in Virginia. My husband and I have traveled this path with both his parents and it is so very hard. I will be praying for God's strength for you and all your family during this time and that your mom feels God's peace and strength.
Oh, Katy--Hope's prayer has brought tears to my eyes just now. What a beautiful thing that she is here with her forever family and gets to say prayers for her sweet grandmother during this time.
My heart goes out to you and all of your mom's loved ones. I'm lifting you up today.
With love,
Abbie
Post a Comment