She is breathing more slowly now.
It is really hard to just let someone die. It seems so wrong, and I wonder if that is because when God first created people, we weren't meant to die, or to be separated from God...and our whole lives we are wanting to get back to that state of eternal union with God.
"The sense that in this universe we
are treated as strangers, the longing to be
acknowledged, to meet with some
response, to bridge some chasm that yawns
between us and reality, is part of our
inconsolable secret. And surely, from this
point of view, the promise of glory, in the
sense described, becomes highly relevant to
our deep desire. For glory meant good
report with God, acceptance by God,
response, acknowledgment, and welcome
into the heart of things. The door on
which we have been knocking all our lives
will open at last."
from The Weight of Glory, an essay by CS Lewis.
I used to really love this essay but now that I have 4 kids I honestly can't concentrate enough to read the things I used to be able to read. But I recommend it for thoughts on existence and heaven.
Here we are on the Great Wall in China in 2005.



3 comments:
What powerful words from CS Lewis.
Katy, I'm so, so sorry. I can't even imagine your pain during this time.
I'm praying for you. Please post if there are specifics we can pray for.
With love,
Abbie
Hey siser, Just sent you a message on your fb page earlier this morning. Love to you - Amy
Katy - I remember my dad in ICU at Emory 19 years ago. I have never since experienced the pain and isolation I felt seeing him so helpless. The one thing I do know is that the love and comfort he showed me while he was was alive is still with me today. I still talk to him and ask for his guidance. I know he is at peace and that gives me peace. I miss him. This a love lesson that hurts.
She will always be in you... even if she can't be physicaly with you.
Love you - Jenny
Post a Comment