You Never Let Go
by Matt Redman
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth
Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You
I have been listening to this song about 5 times a day and I find it very reassuring.
So, my mom came home from the hospital yesterday and my brother and I and Jake helped get her settled. As you may have read on the CaringBridge page, she is VERY weak and my dad will definitely be looking at getting extra care for her.
Thank you for all the emails and offers of help. We currently have the added complication of sick kids, but I will email out when we have a definite need for childcare or anything. We have had a few meals delivered and offered and I accepted, so that has been really nice.
It is honestly just very humbling to be in this place, but I am currently trying to embrace the words of Paul from 2 Corinthians 12:
But he (God) said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Just please keep praying for my mom to be free from pain and perhaps have some clarity of thought come back to her.

This picture is from December 2008 when mom and I took Lilla to see the Nutcracker.



3 comments:
Katy, I am praying for your mom - for all of you!
Katy, I'm just so sorry to read about your mom... Praying that you and your family will feel surrounded by God's love and grace...
Katy, I'm a neighbor of your parents. We are praying for you all. Keep holding onto the Lord. He will get you through this. As you quoted: "For when we are weak, then He is strong." And another favorite of mine: "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you" (Isaiah 26:3).
Post a Comment