Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hi everyone--
Well, we made it! Thank God, all flights were made and surprisingly we landed early both times. Lilla did well on the flight, we made it through the temperature scans and all of our bags were there at baggage claim! Praise for all that! I am writing all of that so I can remember not to complain that Lilla was awake from 11:30pm-2:45am. Also, not inconsequentially the hotel breakfast is great and the coffee is very strong. Our hotel in Beijing is nice and the room is soundproof. Well, except for one person IN the room if you catch my drift. Lilla just said "mom, isn't China beautiful?" Today we will go to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and then to the Olympic Village and an acrobat show. Continued prayers for jet lag recovery, patience for everyone would be great. One note, it is really strange for people to see Lilla, talk to her and ask us questions and we can't answer. I wonder what they think? If they ask us how old we are, what color something is what our names are, we know the answer. So far no one has asked me anything I can understand....
Okay, I have another minute, so last night we walked to the "hypermarket" (because super is not quite good enough?) and bought water bottled by Pepsi, chips in various flavors like kiwi, cucumber and italian red meat. We bought some cheese but it was like cheese flavored white chocolate with a hint of strawberry. So interesting. The store was called "Wonderful" but the reusable bags said WalMart on them. Are they everywhere or what?


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! We are so excited for you! Just knowing you are IN China again, seeing your new daughter in a few short days give me chills. We can't wait to hear more of what Lilla thinks of it all, too!

Hadyn Boyte

ElderFamofSix said...

Hi Tubes - Elder kids are here and reading. They say "We're glad you like China." Rose says to Lilla "I hope you have fun with your new sister". Lane says "Good luck with the cheese and chips". Grant liked the pictures of the food. We had Chinese food last night in honor of y'all (well, and we've been reading The Story About Ping). Anxious to hear more...

Lovell and JW said...

Oh, the cucumber Lays...I am so jealous...a favorite of ours! We are praying. Love to you all.

Holly said...

Glad to see you made it! Can't wait to read and see pictures of your new little one! Of course, I'm sure you know I am SO jealous!
Take care and keep up the blogging :-) Tell Lilla that we all said "hello".

Donna said...

Can you believe it, in China again!! I am so happy for you and your family. Thanks for posting and I can't wait to see you with your new daughter!!

Groffs said...

Hurray! You made it! Thanks for sharing all the food fun. Reading product names in the grocery store was one of our favorite forms of entertainment when in China. For all our supposed ingenuity, American snack producers really think inside the box, don't they? I mean, why can WE come up with cucumber flavored chips? (maybe because "cucumber" and "flavor" are mutually exclusive?) Praying many good things for you, dear friends!

Kirsten for the Groffs

Steve and Darcy said...

Yeah!! You made it!! Enjoy your sightseeing - I LOVED the acrobat show...it is absolutely amazing. Can't wait to hear more about your trip - and to "meet" Hope!! Keeping you in our prayers!!
Darcy

Robyn said...

How exciting!!! It was such a wonderful surprise to check your blog and see you were IN China!!! Have a wonderful time sightseeing...and can't wait til Lilla (and you 2 of course) meets Hope!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Yeah - so glad to see that you made it safely -- Lilla is right, "China IS beautiful"!!! Hope all goes well -- E*N*J*O*Y!!! Can't wait to see more!

Lucy

Dave said...

So glad you made it! Enjoy the sights of Beijing. Have plenty of patience and take it all in. Praying for a quick adjustment to jet lag. Remind yourself daily that God is good.

Scott said...

Okay, (a) I totally forgot you had this blog until now, and have been waiting for Mark to post more. Oh, well. (b) My guess is, when Lilla says anything about China (like, "it's beautiful") she's actually talking about herself. She needs to know that you *LOVE* China, because she identifies with it so much.

That's all the psychobabble that I have for now. We pray for you guys constantly, and we missed you tonight when we grilled out burgers.