Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Hope Song Yi!

Although it is now 2am on the 18th in China (don't think about it too much!) it is Hope's birthday on August 17! My dad's birthday too, so Happy Birthday Dad.

We had a service buy Hope a birthday cake, so we might get pictures of her celebrating. If not, we meet her on the 24th!!

Last night my very sweet friend Stacy offered to host a few people to pray for us. It was REALLY just what I needed and was very calming and put the focus back on God. Do I really think I can control a child's emotions, TB testing, swine flu, airline baggage and my own organizational skills? Well, yes I do sometimes, but really and truly I am glad to know that the reality is that I do NOT control these things. I have to trust God.

We sang this song at church last week and it really describes how I feel about this whole experience.

Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer

Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labor through the storm
You have called me to this passage
And I'll follow though I'm worn

Jesus guide me through the tempest
Keep my spirit staid and sure
When the midnight meets the morning
Let me love You even more

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go
And at the end of this long passage
Let me leave them at Your throne

May this journey be a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my heart's testing
With Your likeness let me wake

--Keith Getty, Margaret Becker

Okay, hopefully we will be able to blog in China and give lots of updates so check back soon!!!

6 comments:

aworkingmommy said...

Praying faithfully for your family as you head to China!

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Hope!!!! We can't wait to meet you when we get to Guangzhou!!!

Mell said...

I so look forward to following yours & Jen's journey! I want you to know that I am feeling EXACTLY the way you are and that song was perfect. It was so great to have prayer with your friends,,I can't think of anything better! I will be praying for you all and your journey to Hope too! God bless you!

Donna said...

I know how hard it is for your little one to have a birthday without you so far away. Pray you guys have a wonderful trip and of course we are all expecting some great updates and pics!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Katy: God is holding everyone's hands in the Tubesing family today. Safe travel and have fun!

cjc said...

It's 2am now in China, and I'm praying for restful sleep before a big day tomorrow. With much love and many prayers from home.....