Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving





We started Halloween celebrations this weekend. I really love Halloween! Some Christians don't (which is fine, not that there's anything wrong with that...just sayin') I try not to think too much about the un-dead, vampire/werewolf element and focus on the fun. Even though Landon will be a zombie skeleton this year... We actually let the boys carve their own pumkins this year, which thankfully only resulted in one minor band aid level casualty. The top picture is mummy crackers (Club Sticks with white chocolate) and the bottom photo is matchstick carrot spider web with black olive spiders. We also had mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in crescent roll strips) and swamp (green Ramen noodles). Yes, maybe that meal was a little low on nutrition. Yum!

No adoption news as of yet...our homestudy is being written and we have collected all of our documents for our dossier, just need to now take them to the county courthouse, Secretary of State and then send them to the Chinese Consulate to get all the proper stamps and seals on everything. Once our homestudy is done, we will be officially "waiting" for a match.

As for the lovely Bell's Palsy...I really look okay (unless you catch me laughing really hard in which case I look lopsided) except that I can't wear eye make up because it is irritating. Which I normally like to wear, even to the grocery store. Yes, pride goes before destruction and all that. Having an eye that doesn't blink is very bad though as it is so dry that I have to put these baby oil like drops in, which make everything look a tad cloudy. And I am so tired I can't stand myself. I normally like to bustle around being busy (or wasting time, depending on the task) and I have enjoyed quite a bit of daytime TV lately, which is depressing. I would work on my digital scrapbooking but I have found that being on the computer makes me nauseous! Ah, joy. I have no Bible verses of wisdom this week. Maybe someone could send me one :-).

As for my mom, she had chemo today. She and my dad leave for Boston this weekend for her visit to get a second opinion on what to do about her liver, which is suffering from all the tumors. Please keep praying for that!

2 comments:

abbiegrace said...

Cute halloween ideas!!

I hope the Bell's Palsy goes away very soon. Glad for you, though, that it's not painful.

Sharla M. said...

Hi Katy,

I've grouped together some of my favorite verses...between your mom's chemo and your Bell's Palsy, maybe a reminder of God's love and care will give you a smile...

“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, ‘You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Because of the My great love you are not consumed, for My compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is My faithfulness.” Your Abba Father From My Word

Jeremiah 31:3, Isaiah 49:16, Isaiah 41:9-10, Isaiah 43:2, Lamentations 3:22-23

Saying a prayer for you...

Sharla