Friday, October 3, 2008

sweet Lilla and the name of the blog

So this morning, Lilla and I were chatting a little and she was telling me all about how she loved to eat grits when she was a baby in China. Lol! (there are no grits in China that I know of--she just likes to talk about when she was a baby and it more often comes in handy for her to turn something down she doesn't want to eat by saying, oh, I didn't eat that in China!)

So the conversation turned to all her moms: me, foster mom, birthmother, other things she likes to talk about more than you could imagine. And she said "Mom, if you get sad during this conversation, feel free to use my bib to wipe your face."

Another thing I thought I'd share is where the name of the blog comes from....my favorite Switchfoot song! Yes, I may be the one China adoption blogger with no Steven Curtis Chapman song. Sorry to disappoint! By the way, if you are bored at the dentist's office this week, be sure to read the People Magazine article about SCC's family and how they are dealing with the death of their daughter Maria. Speaking of needing a bib to wipe my face on....

Anyway, back to the Switchfoot song, I'll try to put it on here somewhere but that may take me awhile to figure out. Anyway, it's a song called "Head Over Heels" and it seems like a love song, guy/girl love mixed in with a little God love. My favorite line is:

In this life, you’re the one place I call home
In this life, you’re the feeling I belong

It helps me remember that this place is not my true home, heaven is. But in THIS life, my family (by blood, adoption and faith) is the one place that feels anywhere close to "home."

2 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

Hello Katy!
I was one of the 4 moms that met you at Perimeter Mall last year (along with Donna, Lucy and Ellen). I am SO excited to hear that you are adopting again! We are also in the process to adopt one more little girl (again from the WC list). I look forward to following your journey! Congratulations - I am so happy that God put another adoption on your heart, may He continue to bless your family!
Darcy in Gwinnett

Lisa Allen said...

I love Switchfoot too, Katy! Enjoyed reading Lilla stories. Perhaps my Kate will use the same excuse not to eat certain foods. :-) Love the blog!

Love, Lisa