My mom is doing well and was awesome in a fashion show at Macy's this past weekend. It was a little who's who of Atlanta celebs, including Vicki Locke, Monica Pearson (who will always be Monica Kauffman to me!) and Mara Davis. But please pray for some extra fluid she has in her body to leave! It is a side effect of liver issues. She and my dad are going to Hawaii this week, and I'm sure she has some volcano climbing planned as well as a bike around the perimeter of Maui and maybe some parasailing on her agenda. If you know my mom, you know that I may or may not be joking there.
On another note, I have recently met a new friend and sister in Christ who is going with her husband on a very long plane ride to visit their daughter this week. They have been trying to adopt this little girl from a foreign country for the past THREE YEARS. I can't imagine waiting that long, especially when they already know who she is and know that she needs certain things that she is not getting. But I know God knows her too, and he is the helper of the fatherless and he is mighty. I am leaving it anonymous for many reasons, but just please lift this family up as they travel, that doors will open, papers will be signed, care will be given and mountains will be moved. God will know who you are talking about.
As for our family, after a long weekend with the kids having Mark gone, Landon and I had a fun time at the pet store last night. Poor thing is allergic to cats and dogs and really paid the price afterwards but it was worth it!! The boy loves animals. We stayed at the pet store for about an hour and a half, visiting and holding the animals. He really wants a gerbil, but I have visions of a tiny furry body in a very loving, squeezing hand, so not sure about that. Here's a picture of his turtle habitat he built a few weeks ago for Turty (yes, sounds like turdy), an unsuspecting box turtle who finally escaped after several attempts and recaptures. Sorry so shady but I'm still learning to use my new camera.



1 comment:
Glad you guys had fun at the pet store. I need to take Tripp to one. What a great idea! Also, YEA for your mom for going to Hawaii and for being in a fashion show. We are praying for her and for the fluid to leave her body. Hope she has the best time in Hawaii. She certainly deserves it!
Love, Lisa
Post a Comment