Monday, October 20, 2008

Landon's tooth


Landon finally lost his first tooth at age 7!
We had our final homestudy visit today and the social worker will start writing our homestudy soon. Just waiting for our FBI fingerprints to clear (the Georgia ones--the immigration ones will be in a few months). Feeling pretty confident we will be okayed there.
I am having a very weird day. Suddenly I can't taste anything sweet. It has really cut down on snacking though. I realized I pretty much eat because things taste good. When they don't taste good, why bother? Landon asked if I can still taste umami. lol.
More important news, my mom saw her doctor today and had chemo. The doctor gave her Lasix today for the fluid so let's pray that helps. Their trip to Hawaii sounded great and she was particularly thrilled to see lava! It has been a much thwarted quest of hers. And I know I joked about it before, but you really can bike down the volcano! They didn't this time.

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Great that you are "in the process" for your next child -- have you "found" him/her? I think I remember you saying you are planning to go Waiting Child?

Anonymous said...

There are many important things in your blog today. But seeing Landon's photo of the missing tooth reminded me about Drew, so I had to comment about it. First I want to say, "Yeah, Landon!" And second, Drew was also 7 when he lost his first tooth... and he lost 2 on the same day!

Have you ever thought about how many teeth are represented in your family? We've been counting fingers and toes lately in ours... 100! Teeth would be even more!

I wonder who will be next to loose teeth in your family... hopefully not you or Mark! :)