Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ahhhh...my face!!

So who knows if anyone is reading :-) but I mentioned yesterday I think that I couldn't taste anything sweet, which was a total bummer...that progressed to a numb feeling on my face and mouth, a twitching lip and finally today my right eye doesn't close! Needless to say, I was getting a little worried and my wise friend said I should go to the doctor. I was thinking I should ignore it, but that got kind of hard. Of course, I am thinking the worst and imagining that we will have to put our adoption on hold. But thankfully, it is something not very serious, despite the scary symptoms. It is called Bell's Palsy and it should go away within a month or so. I don't really look too bad so far, just the disconcerting non blinking eye. Taking steroids and hoping it doesn't progress!

7 comments:

RamblingMother said...

how frustrating. hope it heals quickly.

dougb0 said...

Most likely, many more people than you know are reading this silently, like me! We'll say a prayer for you.
-- The Bowmans

Jen said...

Bummer Katy!!
I have worked in Ophthalmology for nearly 20 years and have never heard of the syptom of losing your taste of sweets!! Like you said it will resolve soon. Just remember to keep Artifical tears in your eye so that your cornea doesn't dry out!! That's painful when it does. Saying a prayer for a speedy and complete healing.

Jen

Sharla M. said...

Hi Katy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Bell's Palsy...how scary and frustrating.

I'm another silent reader!

Sharla
Life As A Clay Jar

Donna said...

I hope you feel better soon or at least "feel" something soon!

Anonymous said...

goodness! i'm so sorry. that would have freaked me out; I'm so glad it's temporary.

And I read your blog regularly and am out to find read some of your recent book recommendations on food :)

hadyn

abbiegrace said...

Katy, So sorry about your Bell's Palsy! Hopefully it will go away quickly. Keep us posted.
Y'all have a great weekend.