Hi, I was very encouraged today after meeting with the doctor at Dana Farber Cancer Ctr. in Boston. She was wonderful and spent a long time talking with Dan and me. I was afraid she was going to tell me to "get my affairs in order." Instead she kept talking about how healthy I am except for cancer. She thinks the fluid in my abdomen may be due to toxicity caused by the Avastin. She says the side effect is rare, but they have seen it several times. She recommended I have new scans to see if the disease has progressed. If it has not, she recommends I continue on Taxol minus the Avastin. In the meantime, she says I should have paracentesis to drain the fluid and to do some pathology on the fluid. If the disease has progressed, she suggested exploring clinical trials at Emory or here at Dana Farber. Alternately she suggested a chemo, Navelbine which I am familiar with. I am very open to a clinical trial. Hope this isn't too confusing or too technical. Bottom line, there's still more we can do. We head home tomorrow. I have already e-mailed and heard back from the nurse at Emory who says she is busy scheduling what I need. I made Dan take me to the Museum of Fine Arts this a. m. before my appointment. It's a wonderful museum with some nice impressionist art (Van Gogh, Cezanne, Renoir, Degas, Monet, etc.), a large collection of art nouveau jewelry, and an exhibit of portrait photographs which Dan even liked (am drawing a blank on the photographer). Thanks to everyone for all your prayers, support, good vibes, etc. Talk to you soon! Love, Page
From Katy:
And she will be getting the paracentesis this Thursday. Great news! We are going to see Coldplay tomorrow night (me, mom, my brother and his wife). Should be fun.
from my Bible study this week:
(Jesus talking here)
He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you."
Luke 17:6
And um, yeah, here we are at the neighborhood Halloween party...2 pirates, a bride, a shark eating a kid and a zombie skeleton.
2 comments:
Katy,
I will be praying for your mom tomorrow that her procedure will go well!!
Man, what "rockin'" costumes!!! Sounds/looks like fun was had by all!.
Katy,
How did your Mom's Paracentisis go? My step father felt immediately much better after his. I'm hoping she feels great too! Also, we'll be praying for her change in meds and treatment. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Cute Halloween pic! HOpe you and the kids are feeling better soon!
Love, Lisa
Post a Comment