
So, someone told me I was tagged. That would be Jen of The M's Have It. I met her online as we are with the same adoption agency at nearly the same phase of the process. I am supposed to list 7 things about myself:
(in no particular order)
1. I love RockBand. I can do expert as singer, Hard on Bass, Medium on Guitar and Easy for Drums.
2. I don't like things that are neither drink nor food (ie buttermilk, V-8, chunky smoothies...)
3. I always wear slippers in my house because of the crumbs.
4. I eat peanut butter every day, sometimes twice.
5. I can't fall asleep unless I read.
6. I would like to homeschool my kids at least one year and travel the US in a Winnebago.
7. I wish I could grow my own food, and raise animals for food too.
Those last two lead to part 2 of this post...
I will now Tag...
Melanie, Donna, Scott (who doesn't have time for this) and Jeri and well, that's it for now.
So the blog I just found via Jeri's blog is this: http://eclecticculturefarm.blogspot.com/
I am not putting it here just so I can win a gift basket, although that would be nice. I must confess, I have dreams of living this way. If it weren't for the fact that a farm is EVERY DAY, no holidays. I could be like a Monday, Wednesday, Friday farmer.
Thanks to my friend Karen, I recently read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (which made me admire this way of living described in aforementioned blog), which I highly recommend, as well as Omnivore's Dilemma and Fast Food Nation. Of course, check them out of your library, save a tree and all that. I think about my food more than I used to now and have been trying to grow things to eat, as well as buy locally when I can.
I am not an all or nothing person, so I just do what I can. Plus, I like to go to Target, Starbucks and Chick Fil A, and I live in a city, so don't worry that I am going to get all holier than thou. But we could all be doing a little more thoughtful buying and eating probably, is all I'm saying....



5 comments:
Ok, you have to see if you can find some grass fed beef near you and some raw milk. Probably like your parents ate when they were growing up. That's what we eat. Though we are not 100% there, can't seem to afford the organic stuff. I love you're idea of farming. If we lived closer I'd volunteer an acre or 2 and I'd farm on the days you want off! And don't you just love the E blog! I so want to be doing that!
All excellent, of course. My question is, did you know about Mark and peanut butter before you were married?
Hey Katy,
Thanks for playing along with "Blogger tag"! I'm not a hugh fan of those things but decided to go along with it this time. Thanks again for being a good sport.
Jen
I am too lazy for the tag, but thanks for thinking of me! Happy to hear your paperwork is moving along nicely.
Came by way of the m's have it...
I was a victim of this tag as well.:)
totally wear slippers to because of the crumbs... And I also would love to homeschool for a year and travel in a winnebago.. though it would be crowded! And would love to grow my own food!
Thanks for letting me stop in!
:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com
Post a Comment