Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mom again and other randomness

So, my mom got her port put in yesterday and got her new chemo. It has the potential to burn going in, so a port will help protect the vein. She also had some fluid drained (not much) and doubled her old diuretic and added a new one. She will see her doctor Wednesday to chat about everything. The fact remains that she has now gained 30 pounds of fluid in a few months. I know she is so uncomfortable and I hate that. Lilla prays for "Mimi" as they call my mom, every night.

Here is a cute picture I caught of Jake and Lilla dancing to "The Sound of Music." He is such a good big brother! Don't tell him you saw this.



Jake and I are currently reading The Tale of Despereaux. Can't figure out italics or underlined, but it is a novel, in case you didn't know (and are annoyed at improper citation, as I am). Landon is reading it with his class right now. I am the kind of mom who makes the kids read the book before they are allowed to see the movie. That's the kind of reader I am--if you see the movie first, it ruins the book for me, plus they usually get it wrong and it messes up your ability to imagine on your own. Anyway, I am so glad we are reading it! I highly recommend the book to anyone. Here's my most recent favorite quote:

"Reader, you must know that an interesting fate...awaits almost everyone, mouse or man, who does not conform."

Happy Thanksgiving!

OOhhh, and I figured out how to add my song--you can play it to see where the name of the blog came from.

2 comments:

abbiegrace said...

Totally agree with you about the book-before-movie thing.

I've heard that's a good book. It sounds like one to add to our list.

RamblingMother said...

cute pic, mum is the word.