So, my mom's scans and everything looked pretty good, no worse and possibly better! Great news! Also, the fluid they drained from her looks good, as far as the pathology goes. The bad news is she still has about 20 pounds of extra fluid in her body. And when you're 5'2 that's a lot. I should know. I'm 5'2 and if I gain 4 pounds my clothes don't fit. Keeps you on your toes if you can't afford a new wardrobe. So I can't imagine how bad that must feel. Her doctor friend thinks it could be one of her chemos that is causing the fluid, so they are going to stop that one and try a new one called Navelbine. They have to put a port in for that, so she will get the port and start the new chemo Monday. Please keep praying for this fluid to go away. None of the usual things (like compression garments) work because there is nowhere for it to go. I'll leave you with a few verses I read today--
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:6-9
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Thats wonderful news! I'll keep praying for her and your family.
So glad to hear about the good scans.
I'm always visualizing good news and will keep praying
Katy -- We are not going to be at Perimeter Mall on Sat AM. We just had a change of plans tonight and will be at Discover Mills in Duluth (just off 85). Sorry for the late notice, in case you were planning to stop by! Lucy
Post a Comment