Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yea for mom

I'm sure my mom is so thrilled with me sharing all about her weight gains and losses but I have to share again--she has lost about 25 pounds of fluid in the past week or so! Praise God! FINALLY something worked. Lilla has been praying and praying about this and sometimes it is really nice to have a clear answer--and the one you wanted too.

Adoption news: All of our documents (except the one we are waiting for from US immigration) are at the Chinese Consulate in Houston getting their final stamps! It was very hard to seal them in the FedEx envelope and send them. Like mailing a child. Well, maybe more like a pet. But still, I labored long on them and they are precious and irreplacable! FedEx, don't lose them.

I just read this "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Luke 4:18 Jesus reading from Isaiah

Do you ever think of yourself as a poor, blind, oppressed prisoner? I don't usually, since I have a great house, I can see and I live in a free country. But I realized today as I read that, I sometimes am. Maybe more on that later.


Do you like the snowflakes?

4 comments:

RamblingMother said...

yea! on the documents! and on your mom's water loss.

Jen said...

Hi Katy,
So glad to hear your mom has relief!! I have one of our documents at the Houston Chinese Embassy as well!!! Still no news on the other issue. Making me one unhappy person!!

Jen

Sharla M. said...

So glad your mom is doing better...she must feel so much better!

That is one of my most favorite passages of Scripture... God used Isaiah 61:1-3 in such a big way in my life... Would love to hear (or should I say 'read') more of your thoughts!

Lovell and JW said...

love the flakes...very appropriate for the season. so thankful to hear of your Moms relief. never been tagged...don't even really know what to do. love to you and yours.