Monday, December 8, 2008

FedEx woes

So got a call from FedEx. Yes, my heart was pounding...I'm thinking they will say, we are so sorry but our truck ran over your documents. No, not that bad. But the Houston Consulate no longer accepts FedEx deliveries. Huh?!! So they have to send all of our papers back to us and I have to re-send them via UPS. Have you seen Australia? (the very long Baz Luhrmann movie that is) I keep thinking of our papers saying "I sing you home to me" Please, please come back to me, papers.

My mom and I took Lilla to see the Nutcracker at the Fox Theater on Friday. She loved it (well, for about 30 minutes) and wants to know when she can be in it.




Also, here's a cute picture from our 3rd annual Garage Nativity Play. We had about 20 neighborhood kids. So cute! It was very nice to focus on God coming to earth so early in the season, as opposed to trying to just squeeze him in the last Sunday of advent.



Check out this verse that I have been pondering.

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you." John 15:9 Whoa. That is Jesus talking there. I think that means he loves us as much as God loves him. Jesus loves us as much as God loves him, his one and only son, a very part of him. Well, himself actually. THAT is what Christmas is about. God's love for us. Jesus loving us so much that he humbled himself and became a helpless baby, confined to a human body for a time so that we might know him.

1 comment:

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Katy: Thanks for being such an obvious good Christian when the world is so full of pseudo-Christians and non-Christians and Christians who get lazy. You inspire me!