I only have time for a short post but I thought I would say that we are doing pretty well over here, all things considered. I can only credit that to praying friends and a gracious God! I just finished reading this book for a second time:
Two-Part Invention by Madeleine L'Engle. It is the story of her life with her husband and focuses on his dying from cancer. I love this quote:
"I will have nothing to do with a God who cares only occasionally. I need a God who is with us always, everywhere, in the deepest depths as well as the highest heights. It is when things go wrong, when the good things do not happen, when our prayers seem to have been lost, that God is most present. We do not need the sheltering wings when things go smoothly. We are closest to God in the darkness, stumbling along blindly."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That is beautiful, Katy...I just want you to know I check your blog everyday and think of you everyday...my heart is with you!
Amen. Love you - xoxo - a
Hey Katy,
Sorry that I've been kind of quiet lately. You know how it is. I just got to watch the video, and it's really wonderful ... the music and pictures. And you have some wonderful pictures from so recently. You know, your mom and my mom were very close in age at their passings -- my mom was 61. I think of you often, and think of your mom so fondly. You know, I was hoping to run into Tom (remember Jennifer from the group -- her husband), and I did today. He lives nearby. I told him. Your mom was really nice to him and very supportive. Jennifer died first of the three. Anyway -- I pray for your peace. Love, Christy
Post a Comment