Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Swine flu

Well, it appears that the swine flu IS affecting things in China. No one has gotten this approval we are waiting for (LOA) in a few weeks, and China has not sent any referrals from the regular program either. AND we have found out that Hope's province, Guangdong, is not allowing people to make appointments at the civil affairs office. That's where parents sign everything to finalize the adoption. I heard of parents whose plane was quarantined and they were not able to meet their child on time, so I guess it is better not to go yet than to go and have that happen. Let's please pray for this to blow over as fast there as it did here.

I will work on the quilt today!

We have been taking a mental health break from school but the kids want to do something today, so I will get on that too.

This stinks!!! But I know God is not oblivious to all that is happening, and that I CAN trust his timing. (But I wish it were faster...)

We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.

In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 33:20-22

1 comment:

Jen said...

AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!