God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.
Original Serenity Prayer
by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)
I found this online today and it really made sense. Now, how do I do it?? I feel like Jerry Seinfeld's dad. (edit: Oops, it was George's dad Frank!)
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi - i just found your blog via the Waiting Children's yahoo group. It looks like our timeline is very similar, although we are still waiting for our LOA.
I love this post! I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" it... I can TOTALLY relate and it is what i need...
Many Blessings ~ Kirsten
Post a Comment