
First of all, so far so good with our 3 days of homeschooling! I really have a lot less computer time, but that is probably a good thing! Here is a great post on someone's blog about "Me Time" that I think could have been me. I only had about 2 hours and 40 minutes of alone time most days, but it can get to be an idol if we let it, no matter how much time it is. I see already that I do much better when we are together for the whole day. Of course, they are still playing Legos, having TV time, playing outside and playing games, none of which involve me. But it feels like a much more natural shift between worlds.
And Mark is now making breakfast for the kids every day so I can do my Bible study and exercise, which is a lovely thing.
We're together, doing things together, then they're alone and I do a chore or two. Then we get back together and read or do work, then we all do a chore. We go to Target together and talk the whole time then come back and do some math. I don't have this constant feeling of a list hanging over my head that I am trying frantically to accomplish while they're gone. Or heaven forbid, shopping for no reason, wasting 3 hours of my day to come up with one t-shirt I didn't really need.
And Lilla no longer takes a nap (as of about Sunday!), but that has been a good transition too. I got her a huge pile of dried beans that is so far apparently very fun to scoop and dig through. She doesn't play with actual toys, mind you, but a hill of beans, yes. Right now everyone including me is having a short alone time.
In case you are worried about me, don't. I am going out with friends tonight to a tapas bar :-)
When my books arrive (of course all the books I ordered to start this were backordered!) and we move to a longer school day, I will report back! So far we are reading lots of library books on Egypt, doing multiplication and science experiments and working on our chore routine.
Adoption news: None for us! But we did get successfully fingerprinted yesterday and hope to be approved by US immigration in March. A new big list of Waiting Children was realeased over the weekend, but our agency said none of the children matched our checklist! I heard it was a lot of kids over 4, and boys too. I pray that they match with other families.
My mom has set up a CaringBridge site in case you want to keep up with her there. She is doing quite well! Praise God!! Here it is. You can register to get emailed updates when she posts them. Scroll down to "Journal" and click the link that says "Subscribe to journal update notification."



1 comment:
Happy New Year! It's great to hear how it's going!
hadyn
Post a Comment