Monday, July 27, 2009

TA!!!!!

So, FINALLY this morning at 10:30 we heard from our agency that we did indeed get our travel approval!!! Woo-hoo, I *think* I can see the finish line (yes, I know another race starts right after this one!).

Tentative travel dates are August 19-September 4. That just depends on when we can get a consulate appointment. I really am having a bad attitude unfortunately because I wanted to travel sooner. But I know God has a plan.

"....For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future...." Jeremiah 29:11

I think I'm mostly sad because we will miss Hope's birthday August 17 and because I'm impatient and think my plans are best. But seriously, self, snap out of it!! You're going to China! (that's me, trying to talk some sense into myself--not usually too effective, we need a 3rd party--anyone?)

Okay, here is an exercise in trying to trust:

What is good about leaving in 3.5 weeks instead of 2?

--We can celebrate Lilla's birthday here on August 6 and it will be relaxed and she will get plenty of attention right before what I think might be a stressful time for her

--We will have time to finish selling stuff on Ebay so I can get a better camera for our trip

--We will have time to buy new mattresses for Hope and Lilla since the current ones might be better suited for a prison or some kind of forced work camp, or in general for people you didn't like much. They are circa 1980 with LOTS of metal springs and no other cushion apparently.

--I have time to plan school for when we get back

--I can go to the parent meeting at the new homeschool co-op we plan to send Jake and Landon to.

--I have time to read the first 3 Little House on the Prairie books to Jake and Landon so they won't be behind for the Little House class they will be taking

--I have time to think through and wrap all the little gifts I have gotten to leave for Jake and Landon (oh, did I mention we are only taking Lilla and the boys will stay with my parents? Mostly because of swine flu)

--Well finally I guess because God wants it this way!

We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.

In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 33:20-22

9 comments:

Mell said...

Praise Jesus!!! I know you are SO excited!!! Now we wait,,it has been four weeks since LOA so hopefully ours comes fast!! Yay!!!!

Jen said...

Yippee!!!!! We are going to China!!! I am thrilled that we will be traveling together!!!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Katy: Bout time, huh? Maybe a miracle will occur and we will be there too. Article 5 and TA to go..... Happy packing!

Amy said...

GREAT NEWS, Katy!! That is awesome. You have one busy month ahead of you, sister!! Enjoy every minute!

Sharla M. said...

Great news!! And you're right, as hard as it is, God's timing is so perfect... Can't wait to follow your journey!

Blessings...

Donna said...

YAHOO!

Lovell and JW said...

Thank you Lord for picking this precious child for this family...and for getting all the details together in your perfect timing. Cannot wait to follow you all. Much Love!

abbiegrace said...

Katy, this is such great news. I'm so excited for y'all! I didn't know that Lilla was going along on the trip--what a great idea and how special that will be for the sisters to meet each other on chinese soil. Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! I've been checking and checking and am thrilled for the whole Tubesing fam! We cannot wait to see Hope at home in Brookhaven!

Hadyn Boyte